I thought i should post this after my Hitler principle post. Below is a ways to win/lose debates or arguments.
I think i should add at this point that this isn’t debating tips, it’s the various categories of winning or losing.
- Forfeit - If someone withdraws from the debate, they lose
- Higher ground - If someone degrades into personal insults or things of that nature, they lose
- Hitler principle - See this post
- Agreement of error - If someone admits they were wrong and/or that the other person was right, they lost
- Proof - If someone can provide rock-solid truth that they’re right, they win
Now, there are a few ways to draw in arguments/debates. Here they are:
- Moot - If the argument/debate is rendered totally irrellevant, it’s a draw
- Mutual error - If both sides admit that they were wrong, it’s a draw
- Agreement to disagree - Although this is arguably a massive pussy out for both people, it is technically a draw. However, if one person says let’s agree to disagree and the other person denies this, leading the first person to quit the argument, the first person loses by forfeit.
Now you know ^_^